The Goodie Bag and Other Fun Stuff
The goodie bag and other fun stuff help make a counseling session an occasion for joy, as well understanding.
Your Goodie Bag
This particular "loot and learning bag" is geared to college students.
Most practitioners agree that there are at least six components to health:
1. Physical (nutrition, avoiding harmful substances, sleep, exercise, health care)
2. Social (friends, family, co-workers, pets)
3. Emotional (self care, laughter, hobbies)
4. Spiritual (altruism, Higher Power, volunteering)
5. Intellectual (university, learning something new)
6. Vocational (meaningful work)
I would add to that the social determinants of health and for students these include:
7. enough money (part-time work, bursaries)
8. safe housing (off campus housing, rez)
This "Loot and Learning" Bag is mostly to help clients and you have some fun – but also to reinforce the six (to eight) components of whole health.
G. B. Toys
Physical - nutritious snack
Social – mug
Emotional – “stuffy” (plush toy)
Spiritual – journal / note pad
Intellectual – interesting pen
Vocational – tote bag
G. B. Information
Physical – School and community resources
Social – Recreational activities
Emotional – Jan’s “business card”
Spiritual - freebies card (ie for plants, fish, cats, mystery novels, homemade blankets, lending library of books and videos)
Intellectual – school success booklet
Vocational – career options info
Naturally, goodie bag contents and information would be geared to the population you serve. Dollar stores, garage sales, bargain basements and second-hand stores are a great source for these treasures.
The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed. - Nicolas de Chamfort
Buy at AllPosters.com