Yes, There Will Be Homework!
(link to Brief counselling: a practical, integrative approach by Colin Feltham, Windy Dryden) in counseling is fun and informative work done outside of the session. It extends the length of the session and increases progress. Clients who come to see me get assigned out-of-session work every week. I do this for a variety of reasons:
1. To reinforce that positive change is hard work. What we are NOT having is simply a gab session.
2. To help clients become more self aware.
3. To decrease the amount I talk. Things I would like to say, I provide in written format.
4. To educate them, to provide them with tools for themselves and others.
What follows is a list of Homework Possibilities and Readings. You can find all of these in
Section D Self-Help.
2. Mood-Mapping with a week-long time sheet
3. Whole Health Check In – physical, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, vocational
4. Socio-Economic Well Being Inventory
5. Knowing Your Community Resources including Recreational Activities
6. “Ten Things I Like About Me”
7. Challenging The Lies We Tell Ourselves (and others may too!)
8. Mapping Out Our Own Future – where do we really want to go?
9. Knowing the Why in order to do the How
10. How to Be the Happiest, Healthiest Person You Can Be!
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment. - Robert Benchley
Buy at AllPosters.com